Premier Bookkeeping Services for Contractors
Paisley Solutions offers professional bookkeeping services to contractors, tradespeople, and construction companies. With an expert team of bookkeepers on your side, you’ll get the financial reporting you need to achieve and maintain consistent profitability.
Do You Have a Clear Financial Picture of Your Business?
If your financial reports are inaccurate, you may wind up taking more money out of the business than what is actually available. Mismanaged cash flow can cause your business to experience debt or get behind on paying employees or payroll taxes. An ineffective invoice system may result in continued work with customers who are non-paying or behind. Simply stated, contractors go out of business because they run out of money, not because they run out of work. Take the time to look at your business’s financial picture and ask yourself important questions:
- Is your bookkeeping up-to-date and accurate?
- Are you accurately tracking construction job costs?
- Is managing cash flow overwhelming and stressful?
- Do you have a limited understanding of financial statements and/or taxes?
- Is it difficult to correctly distinguish reporting for employees versus independent contractors?
- Have you taken proper steps to protect your business from fraud and theft?
If any of these points hit home, contact Paisley Solutions to schedule a no-obligation, FREE consultation about your companies’ finances.
How can Paisley Solutions Benefit Contractors & Specialty Tradespersons?
Running a successful contracting or trade business while managing accurate financial information is a challenge. Outsourcing all of (or part of) your bookkeeping management will help you eliminate time-consuming financial tasks that slow daily work operations. Paisley Solutions’ bookkeeping services will provide you with the cash flow statements and expense reports you need to optimize your business operations.
8 Ways Bookkeeping Helps Create a Blueprint to Success
- ACCURATE FINANCIAL REPORTING — keep your books up to date and accurate.
- TOTAL PACKAGE OUTSOURCED SOLUTION — remove the burden of doing the books yourself or using a family member.
- UNBIASED PERSPECTIVE — helpful insights on the financial picture of your business.
- TRUSTED TEAM — rather than an unreliable employee, Paisley Solutions is committed to your success.
- YOU CAN FOCUS ON GROWTH — free up time to grow your business without distractions.
- SECURITY — incorporate procedures to deter fraud and theft (64% of small businesses have experienced theft).
- MEANINGFUL REPORTING — better understand your business’s cash flow and expenses.
- INFORMATION FOR PLANNING — create effective budgets and projections to help you plan for a successful future.
Bookkeeping Solutions for Specialty Tradespeople
- Appliance Repair
- Bath and Kitchen Installers
- Carpenters/Furniture Makers
- Cleaning & Restoration
- Elevator repair services
- Equipment rental companies
- Fence Installers
- Flooring Installers
- Granite/Marble Installers
- Interior Designers
- Metal Working Services
- Power Washing Services
- Sanitation Services
- Septic Services
- Tree Experts
- Trucking Services
Building a Successful Trade or Contractor Business Faster
Many contractors and specialty tradespeople dream of becoming their own boss and commonly start off as a sole proprietorship. Without sufficient starting capital, many choose to start as a single-person business and perform the work. We know that means the responsibility for marketing, sales, estimating, financing, invoicing, cash flow management, and customer service and lands on the shoulders of one individual. Whether you decide to keep your construction operations small or desire business growth, you may need to hire employees or subcontract work to other contractors or specialty tradespeople. Managing a growing workforce can create challenges, including tax compliance and reporting requirements, and payroll processing.
Paisley Solutions’ bookkeeping services can help you accomplish your business growth goals and transition from performing contracting into a successful business owner or manager. Don’t get stuck in daily tasks, professional bookkeeping can help you optimize your business plan and business operations.
Plans & Specs
Each segment of the business should have a plan. Together these can provide a blueprint for success. They don’t have to be excessively detailed but should be documented rather than kept in your head. Your blueprint will keep you focused and moving toward your goals.
Tools for Contractors
- Search for contractor associations and trade groups in your state or county
- Search for bookkeepers in your town and state
- Sarch for an accountant at www.picpa.org/findcpa
- Search for an attorney in Pennsylvania at www.pabar.org or in Delaware: www.dsba.org
- Visit www.homeadvisor.com or www.sba.gov
- Find free business mentoring and low-cost business plan workshops at https://chesterdelco.score.org/ or https://lancaster.score.org/ or https://delaware.score.org/
- Meet with the business librarian at your local library
Ready to get started building your foundation?
Here’s a snippet of our first whitepaper that we’ll send to you in a succession of foundation building:
How do I get jobs to bid?
The answer is consistent effective marketing.
Branding and Brand Awareness are the foundation of any marketing plan. Branding is your first and lasting impression. Investing in a professional will start your business off on a higher plane. Successful business owners consistently seek knowledge and strive to improve their operations. Do some research about branding first so you can intelligently evaluate prospective marketing professionals.